- Make sure you are logged into the Nexosis API
- If you aren't already in the Nexosis API Reference, click the APIs drop down at the top and click ‘API Reference’
Start a Forecast Session
1. At the top of the page, click ‘Sessions:Create forecast session’
2. Click ‘Try it’
3. Enter Query parameters
dataSourceName = The name of your data set. We used 'Location-A'
targetColumn = The name of a column in your data. We will use 'sales'
Note: The column name must match exactly to a column in your data set, and is case sensitive
startDate = The date that you want your forecast to start
- We must have historical data to be able to run a forecast. If the start date of your forecast is too close to the start date of your data, the forecast won’t work.
Example: Your data set runs from Jan. 1, 2016 through Dec. 31, 2016. If you request a forecast for Jan. 1, 2016 - Jan. 31, 2016, we won't have any historical data to use.
- When your forecast start date is too far in the future from the end of your data set, our API will add zeros to fill in the blanks. This will effect the accuracy of your forecast.
Example: Your data set runs from Jan 1, 2016 through Dec 31, 2016. If you request a forecast for Feb 1, 2017 - Feb 28, 2017, zeros will be added for everyday of Jan. 2017.
endDate = The date you would like your forecast to end
resultInterval (optional) = The interval at which predictions will be generated. Possible values are Daily, Hourly, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly. If you don't specify an interval, the predictions will automatically default to Daily.
callbackURL (optional) = The webhook url that will receive updates when the Session status changes, such as when the session has completed.
isEstimate (optional) = An estimated cost for the request will be provided. Also, your data won't be saved and the session will not be processed.
Click to remove any optional parameter that you don't wish to include
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'send'
5. Your response status should show a number in the 200's
6. The response content will show the "status" as 'requested'
Make a note of your sessionID "015d428c-82d9-4086-b287-8c2211f92021" as you will need this to retrieve the results of your forecast. The Job ID will be unique every time you request a forecast.
To retrieve your forecast results click, Here for further instructions