Machine learning is a branch of artificial intelligence that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. It can automatically process the large quantities of data that humans have a difficult time doing. Machine learning is all around us and you may not even know it.
- Siri and Alexa use natural language processing to translate human speech.
- Facebook will automatically tag your friends in photos by using facial recognition.
- Your email provider will use machine learning to identify spam.
- The Department of Health uses it to predict disease outbreaks.
There's complex math involved with machine learning, which is what makes it so powerful. This math is mostly probability theory, statistical inference, linear algebra, and calculus, but we'll get to that stuff later.
Machine Learning Types:
- Anomaly Detection
- Natural Language Processing
- Image Recognition
- Sentiment Analysis
- And so much more!
For a complete list of machine learning types available through our API, and what's coming soon, check out our Features page.