What is Postman?
Postman is a tool that allows developers to explore and try RESTful APIs and test ones they have built themselves. There is an intuitive user interface where users can make HTTP requests without writing a lot of code, enabling them to easily test API functionality.
The Nexosis API Postman Collection benefits our community by streamlining documentation viewing, encouraging experimentation and providing early adopter access to new API features.
Let's get started!
1. Download the free Postman App at getpostman.com
2. When the Postman App finishes downloading, you will want to add the Nexosis API Postman Collection found at https://github.com/Nexosis/nexosis-api-postman.
a. Click nexosis-api-postman-collection.json
b. Save the file or copy the URL from the Raw data
3. Now that you have the Nexosis API Postman Collection, you need to add this to the Postman APP.
a. Open the Postman App and click 'Import' in the upper left-hand corner.
b. If you saved the API Postman Collection file from GitHub, choose 'Import File' and click 'Choose Files' to import.
c. If you copied the URL from the Raw data, you can easily import the file into Postman by choosing 'Import From Link', pasting the URL, and clicking 'Import'.
4. To check that the collection was added, click 'Collections' on the left side of Postman. You should see 'Nexosis API 40 requests'.
5. Finally, you need to create a new environment and add your API key.
a. In Postman, click the gear in the upper right-hand corner and choose 'Manage Environments'.
b. Click 'Add' to create a new environment and add your variables. Variables must include:
base-url: URL to the Nexosis API, which is https://ml.nexosis.com/v1
api-key: Your individual API key. (Click Here for directions to locating your API key)
Note: The API key listed below is an example
Once the variables have been added, click Update.