1. Login to the Nexosis API
2. Click Datasets to see a list of all datasets that have been uploaded, as well as the size of each dataset, the date it was first uploaded, and the date it was last modified.
If you don't have your own data handy, we provide some sample datasets to get you familiar with using the API. To access sample datasets, click Nexosis/sampledata. Some sample data may already be uploaded and listed under datasets. Note, there is a 1MB limit if you upload a data file through the dashboard.
3. To upload a new dataset, click in the upper right-hand corner.
- A dataset must be in Json or CSV format
- For time series forecasting your dataset must also include a timestamp
4. Enter a Dataset Name of your choice in the text box. Make sure Upload is selected (underlined and blue) and click Select your file.
5. Choose your CSV and click .
6. You have the option to create a new column as a key, which would be a unique identifier for each record of your data. For example, a Patient ID could be a key. This helps if you wish to modify any records at a later date. If you don't set a key, the API will automatically create an identifier, and any records added in the future will append your data.
7. Click .
8. Finally, you have the option to change the metadata to allow the Nexosis API to better understand how your data should be used and interpreted. The Nexosis API automatically infers what kind of data is contained in a dataset column, but these values can be overridden when a dataset is uploaded.
Check out our Guides to learn more about Column Metadata.