1. Login to the Nexosis API
2. Click Datasets to see a list of all datasets that have been uploaded, as well as the size of each dataset, the date it was first uploaded, and the date it was last modified.
If you don't have your own data handy, we provide some sample datasets to get you familiar with using the API. To access sample datasets, click Nexosis/sampledata. Some sample data may already be uploaded and listed under datasets.
3. To upload a new dataset, click in the upper right-hand corner.
- A dataset must be in Json or CSV format
- For time series forecasting your dataset must include a timestamp
4. Enter a Dataset Name in the box provided. Make sure Import from URL is selected (it will be underlined and blue).
5. Copy and paste the unique URL for your data in the File URL box and click .
If you are using one of the sample datasets from the Nexosis Github, make sure to click the name of the dataset then click to get the appropriate URL.
6. You have the option to create a new column as a key, which would be a unique identifier for each record of your data. For example, a Patient ID could be a key. This helps if you wish to modify any records at a later date. If you don't set a key, the API will automatically create an identifier, and any records added in the future will append your data.
The import will run in the background via the Nexosis API and should complete within a minute or two depending on file size.
8. Finally, you have the option to change the metadata to allow the Nexosis API to better understand how your data should be used and interpreted. The Nexosis API automatically infers the type of data that is contained in a dataset column, but these values can be overridden when a dataset is uploaded.
Check out our Guides to learn more about Column Metadata.